Fountain LaMarsa Circle

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Music at the Medina

I apologize that I haven't posted in awhile, everyone knows how busy our everyday lives can get.  We had a tour of the Medina during Ramadan and we got to listen and experience some of the local music.  Hopefully, this will work and you can also listen.
Sorry, I couldn't get the video to work.


They were actually very good
I also find it funny that if you take a taxi, the taxi driver will not speak English but they will have top pop English music like Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.  I would like to ask them if they actually know what they are singing about but I do not know enough French to try and have that conversation so for now I will just keep wondering.
The traditional hat that is worn and made in Tunisia is the La Chechia.  They are wool and are traditionally worn by men.  In Libya, the color is grey.  They are made here at the Medina and shipped all over the world.  They have also made them so women can wear them so they have bright colors; green and pink.  We watched some drummers who had the traditional outfits on and they were wearing the red hat.  ( See Picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment